The Leaking Bucket……
Beware of the leaking bucket.
1.You wear hijab but with perfume. (a leaking bucket )
2. You’re following the Sunnah and have a beard but you don’t lower your gaze. (A leaking bucket)
3. You pray all of your prayers on time but you don’t adopt piety. (A leaking bucket)
4. You’re very kind to people and speak with them gently but with your family you’re always harsh. (A leaking bucket)
5. You honour and treat your guests well but when they leave, you gossip about them and talk about their flaws. (A leaking bucket)
6. You give a lot of Sadaqah to the poor but you humiliate them and hurt them. (A leaking bucket)
7. You stand up for tahajjud at night, fast and read Quran everyday but you cut your family ties. (A leaking bucket)
8. You fast and have sabr (patience) for the pangs of hunger and thirst but you swear, insult, curse. (A leaking bucket)
9. You help others but you’re doing it to gain something from them and not doing those acts of kindness for the sake of Allah and to earn His pleasure. (A leaking bucket)
10. You pray and fast, pay zakah and perform hajj yearly but indulge in zina and extramarital affairs (A leaking bucket)
11,You say one thing and mean another (A leaking bucket)
12. You derive pleasure in the sadness and tears of others (A leaking bucket)
13.You post reminders and have thousands of followers on facebook and instagram but you’re doing it for the fame, not to please Allah. (A leaking bucket)
Do not gather all your good deeds in a leaking bucket. You struggle to fill it whilst it easily runs out through the leaking holes!